At Kingswood House, we believe that learning takes place both inside and outside of the classroom. Boys are warmly encouraged to undertake one or two clubs per week in order to help them acquire new skills, foster collaborative teamwork, and, of course, to have enormous fun into the bargain.
Kingswood House School – Clubs List 2018-2019
Some clubs attract a small charge, they are listed in bold, others are run in-house at no additional cost.
You can read further information on the various clubs below or download the appropriate full programme and weekly timetable here:
- Art Challenge Club
more information and booking details here
- Daley Thompson Active Breakfast Club Daley Thompson Active Breakfast club information
Year 3-4 Mondays Booking Form – http://www.participant.co.uk/asg/Kingswood1
Year 5-6 Wednesdays Booking Form – http://www.participant.co.uk/asg/kingswood2
- Design and Technology booking form DT Club Years 2-7 Summer 2019 booking form DT-club-Years-8-11 Summer 2019
- ECO Club – see Miss Smith 4S
- Senior Drama Club – see Mrs Watkins
Please email Nick Payne directly firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gardening and Nature – see Mrs Lindley
- Instrumental Lessons – see Mr Swift in the Music Room
- Judo download a booking form Judo Booking Form Summer 2019
- Kingswood Singers – see Mr Swift
- Late Club
- Latin – by invitation only
- Lego Club watch this space for further details!
- Singing Lessons – see Mr Swift
- School Choir – see Mr Swift
- Tennis – Simon Pethybridge Tennis – Information and Booking Form
- Touch Typing for Year 4 – see Mrs Malcolm
- Tween The Lines Reading Club – Kingswood House Year 5 & 6 Booking form Summer term
- Ukulele Club – Click here for booking form and information Ukulele Club Booking Form 2019
- NEW Warhammer more information here
Boys sign up for clubs at the beginning of each term and if, for any reason, the club has been cancelled the member of staff concerned will give 24 hours’ notice of cancellation.
If sport practices are cancelled because of the weather, boys should go to prep. All sporting activities will end at 1700 for collection at 1705 in the playground. If you have any doubts as to whether practices and matches are taking place, please telephone the PE department answerphone on 01372 746590. In the event of a fixture, your child will receive a team sheet at least 24 hours in advance. Please note the collection time and location.
Late club runs from 5-6pm in Humanities for all children in Years 1-11 every evening.
Board games, DVDs, lego and other activities are available.
A register will be taken and a charge of £5.00 will be added to your account for each day your child attends.
We can provide a packed tea and a drink for an extra charge of £3 per day. Please indicate on the form below what filling you would like in the sandwich.
Please ensure the school office receive this form no later than 11am on the morning your child is attending the club or hand it in on a Monday before 11am for the whole week.
Clubs may be subject to change as circumstances dictate.
We also run a exciting range of holiday activity courses during our school holidays called Kingswood Active.
Training will take place from 1615 until 1700.
U8, U9, U10, U11 – Fridays
U12, U13, U14, U15, U16 – Mondays
The Sports Department number is 01372 746590. We cannot accept responsibility for serving food to children with life-threatening food allergies. In the event of bad weather, please call the Sports Dept to receive a recorded message. Please ensure your child takes an inhaler to school on sports days if required. Parents are invited to all matches as the teams welcome your support. There is no practice during the last week of term.