KHS celebrated its centenary in 1999. In recent years, the School has opened a new Junior Department (2013) and a new Pre-Prep Department (2014) as well as new classrooms (2014).
Kingswood House was founded in 1899 and moved, thanks to the enterprise of the then Headmaster, Revd Sandberg, to its present site on West Hill (Tanglewood, a former girls’ school) in 1920. At that time, pupils were mainly boarders and much emphasis was placed on Chapel attendance.
Later years saw Headmasters Mr Dixon, Mr Morley-Tabor, Mr Malden, Mr Thorne, Mr Scott-Malden, Mr Harvey and, currently, Mr Brooks accept leadership of the School. By the late 1960s, Kingswood House became exclusively a day school allowing dormitories to be converted to music rooms and a Library. In 1963, the School formed into an Educational Trust under a Board of Governors.
In 1973, the Langlands building was opened comprising Assembly Hall, gym, changing rooms, art room and science laboratory. In 1989, the Study Centre was opened. The IT suite and Library were upgraded and an astro-turf, cricket nets, training swimming pool and an adventure trail were added.
KHS celebrated its centenary in 1999. The School continued with its Development programme and a new Junior School (for Years 3-5) was opened in 2013. The new Pre-Prep Department opened in 2014 and the School would also like to transform its facilities with a Sports Hall and an indoor swimming pool.
Mr Brooks came to KHS in 1975 and has been Headmaster since 1997. He celebrated his 40 years at KHS in 2014.